I'm a Singapore event photographer; specializing in corporate events, weddings and birthday parties.

2015-01-14

Arab Street, Night


When I first saw this scene I had my Nikon V1 with me. The combination of having to zoom in and the low light, was beyond the V1. The next time I was here, I made sure to bring my D600.

Had to stop down to f8 to get decent depth of field, pushed ISO to 6400 and even then had to use a slow shutter speed of 1/15 seconds. Just not enough light. Managed to support my hands on a parapet, which was enough.

Took quite a few shots. The cars don't always line up nicely. It's the multiple orderly rows that make the photo interesting - the roofs, walls, parked cars on the left, cars with red taillights stopped at the traffic lights, parked cars on the right. 
  • Nikon D600, 28-300mm f3.5-5.6
  • At 105mm, f8, ISO 6400, 1/15 seconds
  • Manual exposure, center-weighted metering, auto White Balance 
  • Picasa: Straighten, crop